Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome to Wrapped in Love Ministries

Welcome to Wrapped In Love blanket ministries. This ministry has been growing in my heart for well over a year (you can read the full story on my about page), but it started with a seed that began to grow in my heart, after I had my second miscarriage when I lost triplets.  Through that grief, the one thing that I was aware of more than anything else, was the feeling of emptiness.  I would never have those babies to hold, and never have any pictures of them, to keep as memories.  I wanted something tangible to hold onto, something to hug as I cried for my loss.  That is where my heart birthed this ministry; to give mothers (and fathers) something tangible to keep, to help with the healing process.

My intent and desire, of this ministry, is to give preemie size afghans to those parents who have either had stillborn births, or micro preemies that may not make it beyond a few days or weeks. Whether the parents choose to use the afghans as a burial blanket, or keep it as a memory will be their choice. My heart is that they would know that someone cares. It could make all the difference in the world to them.  I will begin with a network on hospitals here in New England, but my hope is that we will be able to make a difference to every parent who has suffered this loss, wherever they may be.

For contributions:  Blankets can be crocheted, knitted, or sewn.  Size is not mandatory, but blankets should be approx. 20" X 20".  Please use a soft yarn.  All colors and patterns are welcome.  

Blankets should be mailed to:

Wrapped in Love Ministries
c/o Ambassador Crochet
29 Liska Road
Willington, CT  06279


I will be adding some free patterns over the next few weeks. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!






4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Thank you for what you are doing for those in similar circumstances. I will be making a blanket for you to give to grieving parents. And I'm sure I will make more as the time goes on. Such a good cause.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter had a stillborn boy several years ago, and now that I am retired, I want to knit/crochet hats, booties, and blankets to give to the hospitals,in memory of my grandson. I came across this site by accident, and so glad I did. What a wonderful thing, to help those who have lost a child. I am so excited to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter had a silent miscarriage in 2018. we thought she was 5 months but the baby stopped developing at 8 weeks. we were devastated. I've also lost a baby at 21 weeks and had one in NICU for 2 weeks. I just got a job at a hospital and was going to make and donate hats and blankets to their nursery. I want to make special ones for angels babies. My heart goes out to you and your angel babies 💓

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having experienced this personally,and then immersed my self in working in NICU for 20 yrs,have been able to share this type of healing an moving forward with other Parents.
    It does indeed help to know you are not alone. Thank you for these beautiful patterns. Love them.
    We are doing a project through our sisters in church at the moment for preemie and Angel babies. A few of us have these experiences to share an help others.

    ReplyDelete